I’ve had these bags put together for a while now because a baby comes when a baby wants to come. I know I couldn’t 100% plan to have these with me when I went into labor but I had been spending most of my time at home since we were getting so close to the due date. I was really hoping that these would make it with me to the hospital. Last Monday I found out that I was going to be induced so I had Mason help me remember to pack these in the car before we headed to the hospital. I know that gifts for your Labor and Delivery nurses or OB are not expected or something that everyone does. However, these nurses will be with me through one of the most challenging and special times in my life and I want to be able to thank them in some way.
I didn’t put anything spectacular in these bags but just a few small items to show them how thankful we are for their help and support. I also grabbed the cute little bags from Hobby Lobby to put everything in. I made 8 bags, I had no idea how many nurses would be helping me while in the hospital so I picked a random number and just went with it. Here is a list of what I included in each bag:
- A Hand Cream – I know that nurses are constantly washing their hands which can sometimes lead to dry hands. I found these cute little hand creams at Bath and Body Works that say “Good Vibes Only” which I thought was fitting 😂 I can’t find the exact ones I purchase but these are similar.
- A Mini Hand Sanitizer – This goes along with always having to wash your hands, nurses are also always using hand sanitizer. I saw this mini hand sanitizers that said Thank You on them and immediately grabbed them. I always keep a hand sanitizer in my purse and think this is something practical that almost everyone uses. I also can’t find the exact ones online but they have them in store at Bath and Body Works! Here is a similar one on their website.
- A Candle – As y’all know, I’m candle obsessed!! This is just something they can take home and enjoy while relaxing.
- Hair Ties – I came across these little hair ties on Etsy and thought they were so cute! The card that the hair tie is on says “Thank You! Dresses, ribbons and hair to curl. We are tickled pink you helped us have our little girl!” So cute and sweet, immediately added these to my cart when I saw them!
- Thank You Notes – I also just wrote a short little note to thank them. I know a thank you note won’t be able to express how truly thankful we really are for the nurses that help me deliver our baby girl but I hope it at least touches the surface.
As I said before, there is nothing grand about these little thank you bags but I love getting little gifts myself and I hope our L&D nurses do as well! Thank you so much for reading!
Shop the Post